Being grown up is hard. I want to be little again, where my worries consist of whether I put the pink dress or the yellow dress on my barbie. It's been an interesting summer to say nonetheless and I'm here to update you on it all.
Around the beginning of the summer I asked my roommate and friend Shan to move out. She was being dishonest with me and I needed a fresh start for the year to stay sane. She ended up getting upset , moved out the next day and deleted me from her facebook- So grown up... She really was a wonderful friend and roommate for the year and I'm grateful for the time and memories we made. But somehow I was turned into bad guy and I guess that is that.
Soon I started my summer rent and it proved to be more difficult, but I got by and loved the independence and being able to have others come and go as they pleased. My girlfriend Sue not too long ago called asking if she could come move in from Oregon. I was hesitant at first because I honestly didn't want to deal with any more girl drama than I had to but realized it would be a blessing financially for me. She moved in and we both couldn't be more excited... but within a week she moved out without telling me. It broke my heart because I had done so much to make her comfortable and at home. I even threw her a birthday party that she didn't even come to...ya that made me feel good too. Anyways I talked to her and she said she wanted to be closer to work and her man Kyle. I understood, but was still hurt.. I was looking forward to having a bestie in the home and getting forward with my finances. So it leaves me back to square one in my little one bedroom apartment that I adore with all my heart.
Work is a struggle and some days I just wonder what on earth is keeping me there, but then I realize it's the only thing keeping me alive here on the mountain. I am very grateful for my job and keep reminding myself how much worse it'd be without one! But I still am working so hard to find the perfect job already...
I don't have enough money to afford schooling this fall (curse you FAFSA, tuition raises, and Little Caesars) I'll be working full time to catch up on everything and use the fall to re-align what is important and what I want to get done. My Dad and I had a talk not too long ago (he's so amazing) and he asked me where I want to see myself. I have thought about this and decided this is where I want to be and what I want to do...
I want to be Kimberly Joy- a friend, daughter, auntie, and volunteer that everyone loves. I want to own a little outdoor cafe of my own where I can interact with regulars and new people everyday. I will sell artwork there as well and invite others to do the same. I want to do more with my photography and keep up with family photos. I love children and think I could do a lot more with my volunteering. I also want to be part of an orchestra and will join a local city's. I want to be physically fit and have friends I meet at the gym and on the mountain every week. I want to have the most beautiful garden and have fun making baskets full of flowers and fruit for my neighbors. I also want a little puppy named Comet that comes with me everywhere. I very much want to cherish the relationships I have and give all I that I am to let them know they're my world....
Lots of these goals and dreams will take work, but my Dad taught me the value of hardwork. So I'm going to go to it and I can't wait to meet all the wonderful people on my way and embrace the people I already love.
So Peter Pan, I want to be a child again, but I can't waste time wishing and waiting for you. So I'm going to overcome my burdens and make them blessings so I can enjoy my adventures of this next year. Wish me luck
Well said. I appreciate those who are grateful like you. Good luck!
ReplyDelete