Tuesday, March 1, 2011

beautiful.strong.rich


Know what I wish? I wish that this world we live in didn't revolve around beautiful women, strong men, and rich people, but instead
beautiful hearts, strong mindsets, and rich smiles. I struggle with self acceptance as many girls do. Sometimes I feel so down on myself I won't even leave my house. I'll miss class, miss work, and wonder if only my hair was this way, if only my lashes were longer, if only I could get rid of this... I usually am pretty good at not letting myself fall into these thoughts, but I find myself about once a month just hurting to know what I can do to be that woman on the magazine cover. To anyone who reads this, I AM beautiful. Even if I don't look glamorous when I wake up in the morning or stunning when I go to bed at night. My personality is the most glamorous and most stunning out there and I can walk around proud of it. I have this amazing body that lets me do everything I want and love. I have my own laugh, my own style, my own talents, and my flaws can become what makes me most beautiful. I try hard focusing on what wonderful things I can contribute to the world and it helps me realize I don't have to look like the girl next door nor get involved in ridiculous hypes of looking like someone else. It's a waste of my time. It's hard, and always will be. But I feel like if we who feel like this can go through it together, it makes for getting through these once a month blues a lot easier. Here's to the world we should live in, cheers.

2 comments:

  1. You are one of the most beautiful people I know. Seriously - and it's because you are sincerely beautiful on the inside and you let it show. And I am so jealous of your looks, but I know those days where we can't just see it. I am trying these days to look at it this way: I think I look fabulous in pictures from 3-5 years ago, but I didn't appreciate it then. So I want to find a way to appreciate my reflection now, so I won't regret it in the future. Just learning how to do that is the key. I need more time with you!!!

    ReplyDelete